Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break was so fun!! Two of my friends and I decided that we were going to go to Zions National Park and go on a few hikes. Sweet!! Let's go.. We got together before leaving and was finalizing our plans on going. We decided we would also go to St. George since my one friend has a brother who lives there. Yeah lets go, I have never been to St. George ever! That was the plan, Zions in the morning, St. George in the evening. We were going to leave Thursday night at 11 when my friend (Mike) got off work. That is not what happened, we had planned to leave 6 am Friday morning. That didn't happen either, Suzanne wasn't ready and by the time we left Logan it was 6:45 am. Suzanne didn't want anyone to drive her car and it wasn't quite working right, I couldn't drive my car because it needs some work done to it and Mike didn't want anyone to drive his car either. So I called my friend Deb and asked her if I could borrow her car for the weekend and I would switch her cars. I told her the plan to where we were going because I thought that would be the polite thing to do.

I forgot that I had told Suzannes sister she could borrow my car when I left for our trip. When I called Tammy to tell her that I forgot, I knew she was mad at me. It seriously was an honest mistake. I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't know what to do. So I had texted my friend Mark and asked him for some advice. He said the perfect thing (as he always does) and I felt better about it and went fast asleep. He had told me that if Tammy needed a ride to work, he would be glad to take her. That she needed to call him and let him know. I forwarded the message to Tammy and it worked out great.

Zions National Park...

Mike has never been to Zions, so that was a fun journey. We first started on this moderate to easy hike. Start to finish it was supposed to take us an hour. It took us 3 hours to finish. I believe it took us 15 min to get down.. I haven't been on a hike in more than a year and I have a fear of heights plus taking tons of pictures makes the adventure a little more fun.

St. George....

While we were in St. George, I was thinking we should do something. We did, sort of.. We had dinner with Suzanne's dad, Bonnie (dad's fiance), Duane (Suzannes brother), his wife and little girl. It was nice talking and having fun with them. After dinner, we were sitting around the apartment and talking about what our plans were when I started to get text messages from my friend Mark. We were talking back and forth and 'Dad' was getting a little irritated by the ring, I suppose. He told me to shut of the phone. It kind of made me chuckle but I then turned it to silent.. Suzanne was saying that we were going to go to Vegas on Saturday. Sweet, I have family there, let's go..

Vegas....

We got to Vegas about noon on Saturday. It was nice to be out of Logan, plus the weather was nice. I believe the weather in Vegas was in the 70s. We parked the car at the Monte Cristo hotel and walked the strip. By the day was finished, my feet hurt for two days.. don't get me wrong, it was nice to know that I walked so far but I am not sure if I wore the right shoes. There were places we all wanted to see, unfortunetly we didn't get to see them all. We saw the water show at the Bellagio, saw the gardens in the Bellagio, went to M&M World, Cocoa Cola, spent a lot of time in Ceasers Palace and saw a show. We walked forever. It was 10:30pm when we decided it was time to go. We were thinking but not really when we decided that we should just get a hotel room in Vegas before driving back home. Yeah not likely. The Mountain West Confrenece was in Vegas, so nobody had any rooms available. We drove everywhere looking for a room. Mesquite, NV didn't have space!! I decided we would just drive home that night. I was getting tired though and Suzanne and Mike were off and on sleeping. I pulled off in St. George and found a Motel 6 for $50. We stayed there and woke up an hour before check out.

Home...

I was a little happy to be back in Logan. The parts I didn't tell you were the reason why I was glad to be home. The weather, high 60s, is wonderful here. I enjoy knowing I can wear shorts without freezing my butt..

I will make sure to post pictures of my trip soon. My computer is a little broken right now, but hopefully I will be able to get it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment