Thursday, November 19, 2009

11-16-09 Update on me

Lots of things have happened since I made the move to Texas two months ago. I have found a wonderful job and I truly enjoy most of the people I work with. There are a couple of people who just rub me the wrong way but if you know me, I just smile and nod. I work for a good company and I believe care for their employees.

I found a YSA ward here and a week before my birthday (November 9) was told I was too old to be in the ward and I had to start going to the family ward. I don't feel welcomed in the family ward here and I miss the family ward I was in back in Logan. I really miss the people and how loving they are to everyone. I have never felt the lovingness of the family ward even growing up. As soon as I could, I went to the YSA ward. So back to being kicked out of the YSA ward I was in my bishops office and he was telling me that the stake has the permission to create an Older Singles Ward but the Stake President doesn't want the hassle of creating a ward. Why? Why would he tell me that?!

As I was talking to my friend, Walle, he reminded me why I am a member of the church and why I go to church. Even with him giving me encouragement, I have questioned my membership. Sometimes I feel I need to go to church because I have to. There are some days where I just don't want to go. There was on Sunday where I was scheduled to work and my mom asked me if I was going to church with her before I had to go in. I told her no and she got upset. Why? I have lived without family for the last 8 years! I can choose to not go to church if I want. I know what I need to do but the questions is do I want to?

So besides church and work, I am still lacking in the friend department. I have met a few people here but don't hang out with them. I hang out with a few people I knew before moving to Utah. It's sad actually, you would think I would be living it up with friends - you know the good life. Please don't get me wrong, I love my friends that do spend time with me but I would like to mix it up a bit every now and then.

Because of the lack of friends I have been on the FACEBOOK a lot more. I am always on, I guess you would say I am a little addicted. I have found lots more people I have been thinking about them, wondering what happened to them. It's nice to see how they are doing after all these years.

Besides my addictions to FACEBOOK, I have been watching movies a lot! We get the movie channels, what can I say?! A few of the movies I have seen are: Bridal Wars; Yes, Man; Slumdog Millionaire; Jumper; Cellular; Juno; Role Models; 10,000 BC; Changling; The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2; Vertical Limit; and Saving Silverman. I love movies and since I sit at home most Friday and Saturday nights, I enjoy them!

Sitting here just thinking what else to write and two things come to mind. 1. How much I miss Logan and all the friends I have there. I really miss them a lot. I get teary eyed thinking about them and wishing I was there. 2. How most of my family forgot about my birthday. I had to remind my little sister. It is a little sad. I remember everyone's birthday and the older I get, the less people remember. It actually sucks.

The more I sit here the more I want to write. Apparently, I have a lot more to say, but right now, my bed is calling my name. Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I didn't forget your birthday, granted I called a little late in the day! I'm sorry you seem so misurable over there but remember it's only been two months...give it a little time. And your friend is right, whatever he said about why you go to church in the first place. You are not required to go to church, but you need to remember why you go in the first place.

    ReplyDelete