Friday, March 5, 2010

School, should I go back and where?

So I had two college tours yesterday and it was nothing I really wanted to do. My heart is set of going back to Utah State University and finishing my schooling there. I miss Logan a lot but right now, I feel I need to be close to my family. One school I toured was Everest College in Ft. Worth. I felt they were pressing you to attend, like they needed to fill a quota. It was awkward for me and I didn't like it at all.. They told me it would be about an hour to tour and talk about why or what I want to do. I was there from 10am-12pm. I needed something to eat and maybe a nap after that! I was headed home but realized that I wasn't sure how to get there and I wouldn't have time to make it to the tour I had in Dallas if I took a nap. I had a tour at 2pm at the Art Institute of Dallas. I knew traffic would be bad but I didn't realize how bad. I felt like there was road construction on every street I took. Lanes merging into one lane without any warnings. It was CRAZY!!! I made it to the area of the school and was about 30 min. early, I decided to look around my favorite store - Bed Bath & Beyond. I love that store!! I found a coat rack (one I have been looking for for years) priced at 79.99 and I got it at 24.99 plus 20% off.. Sweet! While I was walking around, I didn't want the same treatment I had at the other school that I was going to tell them thanks but no thanks. When I got there, my opinion changed. I was in awe of the projects I saw and how warm the people were.

While I was talking to the lady about why I wanted to go into management, I told her that I was thinking about not wanting a tour. I do however, think it is rude to not show up after you said you would, and I told her that I was a little skeptical about it. But felt that if I didn't go through with it, I would probably regret it later. She said she liked my honesty and we continued with the questions. I later found out that the questions she was asking were actually interview questions. The school interviews candidates before they are accepted in the school. How did I do.... well, I PASSED with flying colors. She told me she wouldn't have any problems signing anything to say the approves me to attend. Awesome. I took the tour and she showed me 4 levels of classrooms with no more than 30 students. Computers are supplied with all programs needed, so I don't have to bring anything.

Now, I just have to read over the information on both schools and get my previous loans with UHEAA straight away and work on continuing my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment