Monday, March 2, 2009

the BIG decision

Recently I have decided to attend a family ward. I have been thinking about attending one for about a year and since I lived right across the street from one, I thought I should at least try it and see if I like it. My reasoning for attending a family ward is this.. I have been in the same singles ward for almost 7 years! 7 years of drama, stupidity, people who hate you because you are different and many more reasons. I wasn't sure if I would like a family ward because of the family wards I have attended when I was growing up. I just didn't feel like I belonged and sacrament was always noisy. I have been attending the 25th ward and I really like it. It is a family ward and there are a lot of 'grandparents' in the ward. It is such a loving and caring ward. I sit in the back with Sister and Brother Smith. They are seriously the cutest grandparents ever!

I have noticed that the young couples always sit in the front and the older people sit in the back. I like the back and I asked the Smith's why that was. Sister Smith told me that she sits in the back because she feels that her oxygen makes a lot of noise. I sit next to her and I don't think it does. She also said that the younger families need to be in the pews with their kids so the 'grandparents' sit in the back to give them the space. Well how about that, I found a ward that the people care about others in their ward and not just themselves.

I do get annoyed sometimes with this one family that sits in the back. If you know my mom, you would understand where I am coming from. There is one family where the father is one of the counselors so the wife sits with her children in the back. They always sit in front of me, I don't get it. The youngest can't be younger than 5 and there are 2 girls and 2 boys. The boys are old enough to pass the sacrament and the girls are maybe 5 and 7. I am not sure how old but old enough to know what is wrong and right. The mom brings toys and candy for them every week. I don't get it, seriously. If it were my mom, we would sit in our seats and pay attention. When the prayer is being said, we would have our arms folded and head bowed. These girls are playing barbie and talking during the prayer. They are cute but not that cute.

I think all wards have some fault in them but I know that if I stayed in the Singles Ward I was in, I would go crazy. There really is too much drama in the previous ward I was in. I didn't fit in with the older crowd and the younger crowd, I have a few people that don't like me for some stupid dumb reason and I just felt like a fly on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment