Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:21pm

Today was a good day, even though church started way later than I want to go to church. I attend the Colleyville 2nd Ward in Colleyville Texas and I know a few people without even trying. There are a few people that know my younger siblings from the Denton YSA ward. There is one person I know from when I was attending high school. She is one amazing sister! And then there is my SUMO (Harvey). There really isn’t anyone like him in the world. I am entertained by the things people say about him and can’t believe what I am hearing. I heard he was shy and was anti-social. Harvey!! Are we talking about the same guy?

Today was fast and testimony Sunday because the General Conference is this weekend. I am actually looking forward to that! But after church, there was this Break the Fast at Bishop Vanderpool’s place in Colleyville. There were tons of people, some I already had met from Institute and Family Home Evening but the others well, how do I word this, they seemed like they didn’t want to get to know you because you were new. That is the vibe I got when I walked in the room but then you get the ones who are trying to change their way of thinking like that and want to become more social.

For example, there is this one guy, Daniel. He is a super really nice kid even though he did graduate from BYU. We will let that slide for now. We (me and him) were talking about things school, jobs, etc. etc. When we both decided to leave, he walked me to my car, he was saying if he had his way people would come to him if he wanted to know someone. He was telling me that he is this shy guy and he normally doesn’t go up to people and start up a conversation. He said that it would be nice to be generally happy all the time, like me. Thank you was my reply. I would hope that I am generally happy when meeting new people.

Sunday in my new ward is going to be good, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment