Friday, February 6, 2009

I don't understand how one says they're your friend but they won't talk to you. This is actually the story of my life...

I had a really good friend where we hung out all the time. We did have our moments we argued about stupid things but we did mend up after some time. One would say we fought like we were married. Doesn't matter, this friend was always there for me when I had problems and needed to talk. After my knee surgery and I was getting ready to go back to work, this friend stopped talking to me. My first thought was he is having a moment, it's not the first time he has had a moment. A few weeks later I found out from a Walmart employee, both my friend and I both know, had told me that my friend didn't want to be friends with me. What?!!

I was talking to my sister and she had asked my friend why he was being a jerk. My friend told my sister "he had his reasons on which I will not elaborate." I don't understand how one just stops being friends with someone especially after a 5 year friendship.

I have this other friend (we'll call him Cliff) who I was hanging out with after a mutual friend (we'll call him John) had moved to Salt Lake. John had asked me to be friends with Cliff to help him stay out of trouble. I agreed and so that is how I became friends with Cliff. Recently, I had sent a text message Cliff and asked him if he was his girlfriend were going country swing dancing. I needed someone to pay so I could get in free. My roommate was waiting for me. Cliff texted back and told me "if you aren't talking to me, I'm not going to talk to you." I am actually ok with that.. :)

That would be 2 friends in one year that abandoned me.. I mean 3 friends in one year because my one friend, who didn't tell me we weren't friends, has a sister I was friends with and she isn't talking to me either. I don't know why but I wish people would tell me why you would stop being someone's friend. At least have the balls to tell me why and how I can fix the problem if it can be fixed.

I am slowly getting over this I don't want to be your friend thing. It's hard but I am trying...
I wonder a lot "why did I move to Logan, Utah? Really, why?!!

1 comment:

  1. Renee,
    You may have lost two friends, but you gained like 6 from my family. And you can't ever get rid of us!

    ReplyDelete