Wednesday, April 29, 2009

People Watching

I enjoy my job at the bookstore, especially when I get to sit and work the sidewalk sale. I do a lot of people watching and I don't mind. I think it is relaxing. There are a few people who make sitting and watching worth it.

Yesterday, I have seen all kinds of things. This one kid was walking with a smile and not a care in the world. It made me smile to see, not that I don't ever have a smile on my face.

Sitting in the hallway for, for me anyways, reminds me of how many people I actually know. The majority of the people I know I met while working at the bookstore. I will miss not working there.

You have people who like to smile, annoy with their chewing gum, one's running late-either for a final or just running late for something. You can always know by their movement, the fast walk or the run through the TSC. You have the disappointed people that found out their book they paid so much money for isn't worth anything and my favorite people are those who think wearing plaid shorts actually looks good with a striped shirt. Don't they look in a mirror!! Oh and the people who know you but pretend they don't know you or see you. That is a winner in my book. What am I going to do?? Nothing, it isn't something to get all bent out of shape for. If they don't want to say hello to me, it is their loss..

I love when people say hello to me, especially those I should know their names but can't remember. Too many names to remember but I am working on it.

While people watching yesterday, I noticed a few more things that I want to share. I am intrigued by the couples where I wonder how did that happen. But then I realize that there is someone for everyone and if that is true, then I should have someone soon!! :) Also with people watching, you see the non-matching individuals, ones consumed with their phones, butt cracks, hungry eaters, friends and many interesting things.

I love to people watch, what can I say?

1 comment:

  1. I just love that you got butt cracks in your post. I will also miss the bookstore because of who I work with. You are awesome Renee and I will miss you greatly. Good luck with life.

    ReplyDelete